Saturday, October 15, 2011

Shabby 2 Chic Vintage Linen Display


This was one of my first articles posted in my original Shabby 2 Chic Magazine years ago.  I am slowly rebuilding the site here and I hope you will enjoy it. I love collecting vintage peacock embroidery but lacked a place to display it. One day I was in a neighborhood junk shop and saw a baby bed railing propped out of the way when I got the idea of using it like a ladder to display my dresser scarves in the bedroom. I painted it an antique white but you can use white or whatever shade you like. Scuffed it up slightly along a few edges for a perfect shabby look. I propped it against the wall and arranged my linens on the horizontal rungs.

Project supplies:
1 Used baby bed side railing
1-2 cans of satin finish spray paint depending on how many coats you use.
Medium to coarse sandpaper

Note: This could also be hung from the ceiling with eye hooks and chain if you wanted.



I've had many compliments on this easy to do project.

Remember "Shabby Chic is not out of style until You say it is!"

Enjoy!

2 comments: